I’ve been moving files from one computer to the other and feel scattered, so I haven’t had much brain to blog with, but in the interest of showing up, here is a playful one. In the voice workshop, one task I love is writing a list of 25 things I love. It’s refreshing in the best possible way. Try it.
My list of ten on a thunderstormy Wednesday afternoon in mid May:
1. The look of the mountains right now, like a watercolor, ridge after ridge lined up against each other, the darkest in front, each ridge paler and paler until the tops of the tallest ones disappear into pillows of cloud.
2. Leo, my black and white cat, sitting on the windowsill looking out to those mountains.
3. The heady scent of freshly brewing coffee rising into the air.
4. The Sopranos, mainly because of Tony, but also because it has some of the most intricately layered characters anywhere. (And I am not caught up, so we cannot do spoilers here)
5. A pile of fresh new books waiting in a bag downstairs by my couch. A travel book about Italy, a young adult novel, some spiritual things.
6. CR’s astonishingly beautiful legs.
7. My mother’s stubborn chin and Delft-blue eyes.
8. Ian’s beautiful, long white hands. Graceful, elegant, perfectly shaped.
9. The Zefferelli film of Romeo and Juliet, for the beautiful costumes and luscious staging.
10. The anticipation of foreign travel, imagining how it will be, getting on a plane for a long, long flight, stocking up on special things to read about the new places (southern Italy just now) and the chance to learn new things, and the wonders to be uncovered. I am really quite delighted by the chance to see Pompeii, at last.